John Conrad Nagel plaque
View of bronze tablet dedicated to John Conrad Nagel, a former city of Detroit councilman who was instrumental in the development of River Rouge Park. Installed at River Rouge Park, Brennan Pool. Inscription reads: "John Conrad Nagel, born Sept. 24, 1866 -- died Jan. 1, 1935. Farmer, statesman, patriot, citizen. Next to life he loved his city best. For twenty-five years he served it faithfully and well. His aid in establishing this beautiful park was the crowning achievement of his civic career. We hold him in grateful memory."
- Resource ID:
- City council members--Monuments--Michigan--Detroit
- Plaques, plaquettes--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 3.5 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Outdoor civic memorials and historical markers, 1951, Detroit City Plan Commission, revision containing new photographs, 718 D484oa
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.