General Motors Truck Plant during construction, Pontiac, Michigan
View of the General Motors Truck Plant (also Yellow Truck and Coach Manufacturing Company) during construction at Pontiac, Michigan. Trucks, automobiles, equipment and building materials on site. Label on back: "Comparative view of the sight [sic] on which the 660 x 1820 foot factory buildings of the General Motors Truck Co. are being erected. Photograph no. 4624 was taken July 5th, 1927, the day on which President Paul A. [sic] turned the first sod. Photograph no. 4625 was taken July 14, 1927, just eight days later, showing progress of construction. Both views were taken from exactly the same spot."
- Resource ID:
- Automobile factories--Michigan--Pontiac--Design and construction
- Building sites--Michigan--Pontiac
- GMC Truck & Coach
- Yellow Truck and Coach Manufacturing Company
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS121/VanDegrift, Thomas, 9:1
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.