Dredge "New Jersey" excavating at intake lagoon, Detroit water supply system
View of the dredge "New Jersey" excavating at intake lagoon for the Detroit water supply system. Pipe in foreground; cranes in background. Printed on front: "City of Detroit. Department of Water Supply. Intake system for additional supply. Intake lagoon. Contract RC-9. Dunbar & Sullivan Dredging Co., contractors. Photo no. 23. Date: 6-16-30. Photo by Manning Brothers." Typed on back: "Intake lagoon. View of the New Jersey and filling operations in large area south of back channel and inlet to second bridge."
- Manning Brothers
- Resource ID:
- Cranes, derricks, etc.--Michigan--Detroit
- Intakes (Hydraulic engineering)--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Department of Water Supply
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on fabric ; 7.5 x 9.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit Archives. Water Board. Bureau of River Tunnels. Intake system, 1 of 3, 1:1
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.