Barracks and latrines, Camp Custer, Battle Creek, Michigan
View of barracks and latrine at Camp Custer in Battle Creek, Michigan. Printed on front: "U.S. National Army, Camp Custer, Battle Creek, Mich. 1972. Barracks on the right. Latrines on the left. Every precaution is made to have a sanitary camp with first-class sewage, water supply, etc." Handwritten on back: "620 Walnut St. Mt. Vernon, Ind. Dear friend: have been working some the past week, looks quite like home now. So glad for you all there. Claire got his exemption. Will write more about things later, Mrs. Collins." Card is postmarked October 12, 1917.
- Resource ID:
- Barracks--Michigan--Battle Creek
- United States. Army--Barracks and quarters
- Toilets--Michigan--Battle Creek
- Fort Custer (Mich.)
- 1 postcard ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- M/Localities-Battle Creek
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.