JB Rocket cyclecar
View of a JB Rocket cyclecar. Typed on back: "Subject: Scripps-Booth cyclecar, J.B. Rocket, 1913-14 (as it appeared in 1952). Collection: MS10/James Scripps Booth Collection.Location: Detroit, Mich. (at Terminal Avenue shop). Photographer: Unknown, but perhaps James or John Booth. Source: John M. Booth. Identification: As above. JB Rocket, three-quarter right rear view, c.1935 [sic]." Handwritten on back: "Original Scripps-Booth cyclecar, 1913 designed and built by James Scripps Booth as cheap transportation for the working man. Leather belt drive not weatherproof. Weight 750 lbs. Wheelbase 100, tread 36", speed 47 mph, 2 cyl. air cooled planetary transmission, car now in Ford Edison Museum, Dearborn, Mich."
- Resource ID:
- Booth, James Scripps, 1888-1954
- Scripps-Booth Cyclecar Company
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS10/James Scripps Booth Collection, Folder 11, Scripps-Booth cyclecar, 1913-1914
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.