John Scripps Booth and John Batterman posing in a JB Rocket cyclecar
View of John Scripps Booth and John Batterman posing in a JB Rocket cyclecar. Onlookers in background. Typed on back: "Subject: Scripps-Booth cyclecar, J.B. Rocket, 1913. Collection: MS10/James Scripps Booth Collection.Location: Detroit, Mich. Photographer: Unknown, but perhaps Charles Ruel Messinger, Detroit, Mich. Source: John M. Booth. Identification: As above. JB Rocket, left side view, with John Batterman in front seat, JSB at wheel." Handwritten on back: "1913 cyclecar, the first Scripps-Booth 100 inch wheelbase, 36 in. tread, body and frame, one piece, weight 750 lbs., now refinished. Making very interesting and attractive exhibit. John Batterman, front seat, and James Scripps Booth behind the wheel."
- Resource ID:
- Booth, James Scripps, 1888-1954
- Scripps-Booth Cyclecar Company
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS10/James Scripps Booth Collection, Folder 11, Scripps-Booth cyclecar, 1913-1914
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.