Jill Johnson and Andrew Burek, Murray Corporation of America
Portrait of Jill Johnson and Andrew Burek at the Murray Corporation of America factory. Article on back: "The Bureks, riveting team, formed by two aircrafters. Mr. and Mrs. Burek. A month after the Department 144 riveting team of Jill Johnson and Andrew Burek was formed, it was renamed the Bureks. For that month of working together resulted in the pair getting 'riveted.' May 1 they faced the altar at the Ferndale Lutheran and two days later they were back at Murray's, riveting. No idyllic honeymoon for the Bureks. That will have to wait for the end of the war, for besides, riveting, the Bureks plan to work their farm in Waltz to help the war effort. Neither is interested in traveling. They get enough of that on their daily 70 mile junket to and from work. If they get some time off they plan to go to Missouri where Andrew's brother, former Murrayman Joseph Burek, is stationed. Andrew has been with Murray's since 1936 and Mrs. Burek since December, 1942." Stamped on back: "Photographic Department. Authorized print no. 1095, date 11-1-43. Murray Corporation, Detroit." Handwritten on back: "Women workers."
- Resource ID:
- Women aircraft industry employees
- Aircraft industry--Employees
- Murray Corporation of America
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 10 x 8 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Women workers, 90:9
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.