Woman worker inspecting pistons
View of woman worker inspecting pistons for Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines. Label on back: "2,000 h.p. Pratt & Whitney aircraft engine, piston. Photograph #74609. This general view of piston surface finish inspection is but one of the dozens of inspection operations required in fabricating. Surface finish tolerances on these pistons is 25 micro inches as per Pratt & Whitney finish specifications." Handwritten on back: "Women workers."
- Resource ID:
- Women aircraft industry employees
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 10 x 8 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Women workers, 90:8
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.