Women workers manufacturing incendiary bomb noses, Fisher Body Division
View of women workers manufacturing incendiary bomb noses at the Fisher Body Plant. Label on back: "Each one of those little metal knobs above represents one incendiary bomb destined for Axis territory. These parts are incendiary bomb noses which Fisher Body is machining by the thousands. Doing an armament job, incidentally, is nothing new for the woman at the right, Miss Bobby Coyle. In the last war she worked in the pattern department of a plant which produced Army trucks. From: W.S. McLean, Fisher Body Division, 8-106 General Motors Bldg., Detroit, Michigan." Handwritten on back: "Women workers."
- Resource ID:
- Women aircraft industry employees
- Incendiary bombs--Design and construction
- General Motors Corporation. Fisher Body Division
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Women workers, 90:6
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.