Women workers drilling cap strips for airplane wing
View of women workers drilling upper and lower cap strips for aircraft wing at the Tarrytown, New York plant of General Motors Eastern Aircraft Division. Label on back: "The first step in wing construction is the sub-assembly of inner ribs. At the Tarrytown, New York plant of General Motors' Eastern Aircraft Division these two women are intent on their job of drilling upper and lower cap strips for the center panel." Handwritten on back: "Women workers."
- Resource ID:
- Women aircraft industry employees
- Airplanes--Wings--Design and construction
- Drilling and boring
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Women workers, 90:6
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.