Anna Dudas, Murray Corporation of America
View of spot welder Anna Dudas at the Murray Corporation of America factory. Article on back: "Proud mothers. Proud are the mothers of Murraymen now serving their country in the armed service. Mrs. Anna Dudas is personally at war with the Axis. A spot welder in Department 144, Mrs. Dudas has a perfect record -- she has not had one piece scrap on the job. In addition she has helped other workers perfect their welding so that her department record has been boosted. Her son Leo, 19 years old, is now in training as a Marine. He enlisted five months ago, leaving Department 173 to join up. Mrs. Hattie E. Stone's son, William, a former Murray aircrafter whose picture appears on these pages, tried to enlist three times but was rejected. He wanted to fly but a bad ear kept him out. But he finally made it as an infantryman." Includes portraits of Leo Dudas, Anna Dudas and Hattie E. Stone. Handwritten on back: "Women workers."
- Resource ID:
- Women aircraft industry employees
- Murray Corporation of America
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 10 x 8 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Women workers, 90:5
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.