GMC amphibious truck (DUKW)
View of GMC amphibious truck (DUKW). Label on back: "By means of a power-driven winch, the amphibian truck can pull itself out of soft, sticky mud with astonishing ease. The winch cable is simply attached to a post, tree or any solid object on shore and the engine-driven winch does the rest. Unbelievable is the term used by engineers in describing the many accomplishments of this unique sea-going truck now being built by General Motors Truck and Coach. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)"
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:15
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.