Presses and tools in parking lot, Chevrolet plant, Flint, Michigan
View of presses and tools in parking lot of the Chevrolet plant in Flint, Michigan. Label on back: "General Motors Corporation. Department of Public Relations. Detroit, Michigan. Frigid for the duration. So quickly did the automobile manufacturers clear their floors for the production of war machinery that there was no time available to locate suitable storing space for auto production machinery. Picture shows millions of dollars worth of presses and other tools which were hastily moved into a parking lot adjoining the Chevrolet Plant at Flint, Mich. (Feb. '42)." Handwritten on back: "Conversion."
- Resource ID:
- Automobile industry and trade--Michigan--Flint--Equipment and supplies
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division
- Industrial mobilization--Michigan--Flint
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 10 x 8 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Conversion, 86:5
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.