Workers loading 75 mm. and 105 mm. shells onto railroad freight cars
View of workers loading pallets of 75 mm. and 105 mm. shells onto railroad freight cars at the General Motors Forge plant, Oldsmobile Division, Lansing, Michigan. Label on back: "Shells for defense shipped daily. Here at the General Motors Forge plant of Oldsmobile Division, Lansing, Michigan, 75 mm. and 105 mm. shells are daily loaded in box cars for delivery to U.S. arsenals. General Motors already has delivered $7,000,000 worth of shells, guns and fuzes, this amount being included in the $209,500,000 total of deliveries on many types of defense items. The aggregate of defense orders assigned to General Motors or under negotiation now amounts to about $1,200,000,000." Handwritten on back: "Conversion."
- Resource ID:
- Freight cars
- General Motors Corporation. Oldsmobile Division
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Conversion, 86:5
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.