Military and "peacetime" jeep
Before-and-after views of a military jeep and its conversion to a "peacetime" jeep. Typed on back: "Jeep of the future. This is the 'before-and-after' of how a plain, garden-variety U.S. Army jeep was transformed into the 'jeep of the future' by men of an ordnance motor repair outfit at a U.S. Army 8th Air Force bomber station in England. Working for six weeks in their spare time, the men produced their streamlined version of the peacetime jeep, using only salvaged material taken from crashed-up jeeps and junk piles. Credit U.S. Army Air Forces photo, Wash., D.C. Released for publication AC/AS, Intelligence Photographic Division, Credit, Official photo U.S. A.A.F." Handwritten on back: "Jeeps."
- United States. Army Air Forces
- Resource ID:
- Jeep automobile
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 10 x 8 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Jeeps, 86:24
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.