Metal worker performing final inspection on aircraft propeller blade
View of a metal working performing final inspection of aluminum propeller blade, produced by Chevrolet. Label on back: "Careful inspection guarantees the quality of Chevrolet-produced war goods. Here a skilled metal worker makes the final inspection of aluminum propeller blade forgings, produced in a Michigan forge plant whose output, added to that of other Chevrolet aluminum forge units, makes this General Motors Division one of the nation's major suppliers of aluminum aircraft forgings. This workman determines dead center in each blade, and measures to be certain that sufficient stock is included to allow for all machining operations." Handwritten on back: "Aircraft propellers."
- Resource ID:
- Propellers, Aerial
- General Motors Corporation. Chevrolet Motor Division
- Defense industries--Employees
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 7 x 9 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Aircraft propellers, 85:12
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.