GMC amphibious truck (DUKW)
View of GMC amphibious truck (DUKW) on beach. Label on back: "The Army's newest and most unique military vehicle, the amphibian truck, is the latest surprise to be handed the Axis. This remarkable vehicle is now in volume production at the factories of General Motors Truck and Coach. Designed primarily for invasion, this 'duck,' as it is frequently called, is as much at home in the water as on land. It will travel over the toughest terrain with ease, roll down the highway at 50 miles per hour and make better than six miles per hour on the water. Its overall length is about 31 feet. It is approximately 8 feet wide and is seven feet high with canvas top down. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)"
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:15
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.