Soldiers with GMC amphibious truck (DUKW)
View of soldiers with GMC amphibious truck (DUKW) on beach. Label on back: "The Army's newest and most unique military vehicle, the amphibian truck, is the latest surprise to be handed the Axis. This remarkable vehicle is now in volume production at the factories of General Motors Truck and Coach. Built primarily for invasion, this 'duck' is capable of hauling troops and equipment ashore or across water of any depth. It can carry approximately 35 men on land. When in the water it can carry 50 or more, depending upon the free-board required. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)"
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:15
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.