GMC amphibious truck (DUKW)
View of men traveling in a GMC amphibious truck (DUKW). Label on back: "The Army's newest and most unique military vehicle, the amphibian truck, is the latest surprise to be handed the Axis. This remarkable vehicle is now in volume production at the factories of General Motors Truck and Coach. The 'duck' will travel 50 miles per hour on the highway, travel across country with the tanks and half-tracks and make better than six miles per hour through the water. Its usage by the Armed Forces has just been disclosed by the War Department. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)" Handwritten on back: "Amphibious vehicles."
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:14
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.