GMC amphibious trucks (DUKW)
View of GMC amphibious trucks (DUKW). Label on back: "The Army's newest and most unique military vehicle, the amphibian truck, is the latest surprise to be handed the Axis. This remarkable vehicle is now in volume production at the factories of General Motors Truck and Coach. Here, 'ducks' are shown making a test landing on the eastern coast. The vehicles are equally at home on water or land. They have recently seen action in the South Pacific war theater. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)" Handwritten on back: "Amphibious vehicles."
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:14
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.