GMC amphibious truck (DUKW)
View of a GMC amphibious truck (DUKW). Label on back: "Amphibian trucks are now being used for the first time by the American forces in combat zones according to an Army-authorized statement. These 'ducks,' as they are frequently called, are as perfectly at home in a heavy surf as on dry land. This unique vehicle can plunge into water of any depth and propel itself as a boat without any steering gear change-over. The 'duck' is now in volume production at the General Motors Truck and Coach factories. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)" Handwritten on back: "Amphibious vehicles."
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:14
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.