Soldiers with GMC amphibious truck (DUKW) towing howitzer
View of soldiers with GMC amphibious truck (DUKW) towing howitzer. Label on back: "Water is no barrier to the progress of this newest adaptation of the 2-1/2-ton basic six-wheel drive Army truck. Called 'Duck' it is now in volume production at General Motors Truck and Coach factories. It will ride the waves or buck the surf with an ease that is astonishing, and over the roughest terrain, it will do anything that an all-wheel drive truck can be expected to do. Here, it is shown towing a 105 mm. howitzer. (Approved by the War Department, Bureau of Public Relations.)" Handwritten on back: "Amphibious vehicles."
- Resource ID:
- Motor vehicles, Amphibious
- GMC Duck (Military truck)
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Amphibious vehicles--Tanks, trucks, Ducks, tractors, cars, etc., 85:14
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.