Fred Kewley posing with clarinet and saxophone class
View of Fred Kewley posing with members of his saxophone and clarinet class. Students pose with musical instruments. Printed on front: "Kewley's saxaphone [sic] and clarinet class, 1923. Jackson, photo." Handwritten on back: "Fred Kewley, teacher. Fred Kewley, foster father & teacher of clarinet & sax to Ted Buckner. Theodore came to Detroit in 1924 & Exie & Fred Kewley were his foster parents."
- Jackson, Harvey C.
- Resource ID:
- Kewley, Fred
- African American music teachers
- African American musicians
- Music students
- African American photographers--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- E. Azalia Hackley Collection
- Groups, Instrumental--K
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.