Alcan Highway Red Cross clubmobile
View of three men examining canister next to the Alcan Highway American Red Cross clubmobile. "American Red Cross clubmobile, ambulance, station wagon type" is lettered on side of ambulance. Stamped on back: "From the American Red Cross." Label on back: "Alcan Highway Red Cross clubmobile. This clubmobile has been place in service, and at least six others are contemplated for the Alcan Highway and in certain restricted portions of Alaska. The clubmobile is equipped with a doughnut machine, large coffee urns, loud speaker and motion picture projector. The translucent screen is on a roll mounting and fits into the rear opening. For better visibility during daytime showings a canopy may be hung over the demountable frame to the rear of the car. Photo from: American Red Cross, Washington, D.C."
- Resource ID:
- American Red Cross
- Alaska Highway
- Automotive Council for War Production--Archives
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS84/Automotive Council for War Production, Trucks/Special Equipment, 89:29
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.