Bill Robinson and Shirley Temple
Portrait of dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson and actress Shirley Temple in a scene from the motion picture, "The little colonel." Typed on back: "Success story of Shirley Temple. Six-year-old Fox Film star, who was recently voted a special award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, as the most wholesome influence in last season's films. Bill Robinson as the butler is caught in the act of teaching Shirley Temple his world famous stair dance in a scene from 'The little colonel.' (This still is one of enclosed series of eleven)."
- Resource ID:
- Robinson, Bill, 1878-1949
- African American dancers
- Tap dancers
- Temple, Shirley, 1928-2014
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 8 x 10 in.
- E. Azalia Hackley Collection
- Biography--Robinson, Bill
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.