World War I monument in East Africa
View of man standing next to plaque honoring World War I soldiers in East Africa. Inscribed on plaque: "This is to the memory of the Arab and native African troops who fought to the carriers who were the feet and hands of the army and to all other men who served and died for their king and country in Eastern Africa in the Great War 1914-1918, if you fight for your country, even if you die your sons will remember your name." Handwritten on sleeve: "East Africa, WWI, your sons will remember you."
- Resource ID:
- World War, 1914-1918--Monuments--Africa, East
- Men--Africa, East
- Baker, Aloha W., 1908-1996--Archives
- 1 negative ; 3.25 x 4.25 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- MS33/Aloha Baker collection, Box 6, Folder 2, Africa, Negative Book #1, Kenya, S. Africa, Portuguese East Africa
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.