Airplane in flight at Detroit aviation meet
View of airplane in flight over track at Detroit aviation meet; portion of grandstand visible on left. Handwritten on back: "Aircraft competitions--Detroit aviation meet, 1911." Label on file: "This event took place between June 29 and July 4, 1911. The competition was populated by the Moisant Aviators, a traveling aviation show, with prizes reported to be in the area of $25,000. Photos indicate that only two airplanes were in action, a Curtis and a Bleriot. The Bleriot crashed."
- Resource ID:
- Air shows--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 5 x 7 in.
- National Automotive History Collection
- Lazarnick Collection
- Aircraft competitions--Detroit aviation meet, 1911 #3
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.