Fans watching baseball game over fence at Bennett Park
View of men and boys watching game at Bennett Park ballpark on platform secured to tall wooden fence; young boy walks along fence. Printed on front: "Best seat in house. Remember when you could peek through a board fence and have a grandstand view of the great American sport, baseball? At Bennett Park, on Champlain (Lafayette) and East Grand Boulevard, this lineup of spectators found it convenient to climb a ladder and watch the ball game from a makeshift platform. The youngster at left, too short to see from the platform, is looking for the knot hole."
- Resource ID:
- Baseball fields--Michigan--Detroit
- Wooden fences--Michigan--Detroit
- Baseball fans--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on stock ; 5.75 x 10.25 in.
- Ernie Harwell Sports Collection
- Photographs-Ballparks-Bennett Park
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.