1887 Detroit Wolverines
Group portrait of 1887 Detroit Wolverines posing with manager. Printed on front: "The Detroit base ball club, of the National League, that captured the World Championship in 1887. Top row, left to right: Charlie Bennett, c.; Dan Brouthers, 1b; Sam Thompson, r.f.; Charlie Ganzell, c.; Larry Twitchell, p.; Charles B. (Lady) Baldwin, p. Middle row: Charles Briody, c.; Fred Dunlap, 2b.; W.H. Watkins, manager; Jim L. White, 3b.; Ed Hanlon, c.f.; Billy Shindle, 3b.; Charlie H. Getzein, p. Bottom row: Jack C. Crowe, ss.; George Weidman, p.; Hardy Richardson, l.f."
- Resource ID:
- Baseball teams--Michigan--Detroit
- Baseball players--Michigan--Detroit
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- 1 clipping mounted on mat board ; image 8 x 10.75 in.
- Ernie Harwell Sports Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.