Humorous baseball postcard
View of pitcher ready to throw a pitch; another baseball player in background. Printed on front: "Say! Here's a hot one fur you. If hot air was only mud you would own the earth." Artist's signature printed below drawing: "Cobb X. Shinn." Printed on back: "Copyright 1912." Handwritten on back: "Friday Oct. 10th, 1913. Dear Friend, Glad to hear that you are feeling fine everything is all right. Saw O.M. this morning he was going to Ithaca. He sends love to you and that the rest are all right. I thought he looked lonesome. Florence left your onions. Everybody is threshing around here. Junice has not gone back yet. She went to a banquet down to Etna last night. I think she will go next Wednesday. Write soon, Mrs. L.N. Sutliff." Card is postmarked October 10, 1913.
- Shinn, Cobb X.
- Resource ID:
- Baseball--Caricatures and cartoons
- Pitchers (Baseball)--Caricatures and cartoons
- 1 postcard : col. ; 5.5 x 3.5 in.
- Ernie Harwell Sports Collection
- Postcards-Baseball-Caricatures and cartoons
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.