Students at Detroit Public Library substation, Bishop School
View of girls and boys gathering around a table piled with books; librarian sits at end of table; girl reaches for book on shelf; portrait of man hangs on wall. Handwritten on back: "This building was probably a room in the Bishop School, in which the Detroit Public Library had a substation. The librarian at the desk has been identified (Nov. 30, 1956) as Miss Elizabeth Briggs by Miss Marietta Quinn of the library staff. Miss Quinn remembers that Miss Briggs had a station at the Bishop School and also one at the Jewish Institute. The portrait facing the camera is one of Levi Bishop, so the station was undoubtedly in the Bishop School."
- Resource ID:
- Detroit Public Library
- Branch libraries--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 7.5 x 9.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- LD/Libraries-Detroit Public Library-Branches
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.