View of construction site and building foundation; men working on site; construction debris; sign on adjacent brick building: "... will occupy this entr ... 160 feet on Woodward Ave., 127-1/2 feet on ... the highest and most costly commercial b ... and the highest department store in ... unit completed (May 1st '96) we will continue doing business at the old ... the only original Mabley & Compa ..." Handwritten on back: "N.W. cor. Mich. Ave. and Woodward Ave. July 26, 1895, laying foundation for the Mabley & Co. building."
- Resource ID:
- Building sites--Michigan--Detroit
- Construction and demolition debris--Michigan--Detroit
- Department stores--Design and construction
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 3.75 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Streets-Woodward & Michigan [N.W. cor.]
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.