Capitol Union School building
Classical revival building with tall cupola viewed from a height over picket fence. Large number of people, probably students, on steps and porch. Handwritten on mat front: "1863-1876." Handwritten on mat back: "Removed to Capitol Bldg. in 1863, in the triangle formed by Griswold, State and Rowland Streets. This is the original photograph of the half-tone reproduction in 'The Helicon,' 1897, p.28. 74D4 373.2 D4uh."
- Resource ID:
- High school buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- High school students--Michigan--Detroit
- Albumen prints
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 7.5 x 9.25 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.