Henkel Milling Co. and employees
Two views of factory buildings in center; "Henkel's Flour" and "Commercial Milling Co." painted on sides of building; portraits of personnel. Top row, from left to right: "F. B. Higgie, salesman (City); O. W. Filkins, salesman (City); Mrs. C. T. Patterson, stenographer; S. S. Parmelee, salesman (City); F. Humpa, salesman (City)." Second row, from left to right: "Wm. Stein, chief miller; R. Henkel, president; G. O. Groll, secretary, general manager; J. G. Doherty, cashier." Third row, from left to right: "A. Specht, foreman (mill); W. C. Gould, salesman (travelling); G. H. Comstock, salesman (travelling); C. E. Monck, bookkeeper." Last row, from left to right: "C. Nisius, foreman (packing); J. T. Toole, chief engineer; Miss A. D. Coultrip, stenographer; J. Beauty, foreman (barn); H. W. Weiser, shipping clerk." Printed on front: "1906." 1905 City Directory lists business as Commercial Milling Co., N.W. corner Randolph and Atwater. Upper and lower right corners of mat are torn.
- Resource ID:
- Flour industry--Michigan--Detroit
- Flour industry--Employees
- Photographic prints
- 20 photographic prints ; image 7.5 x 8.75 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Industries & business houses-Henkel Milling Co.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.