Remains of wall found on construction site. Handwritten on mat back: "This is the interior of the excavation for the State Savings Bank building, s.e. corner of Fort and Shelby Streets--the picture is of the eastern side and shows the line of the old fort which coincided with the east line of the lot. Sept. 16, 1898. Now Shelby Street, near Fort St. S.e. cor."