Art Loan Exhibition Hall
Temporary brick building built to house the Art Loan Exhibition for 10 weeks in 1883. Small group of men by front door; horse-drawn carriage near entrance. Horse covered in blanket. Sculpture (?) in lower right corner: post with key, straight razor, and other items on curved arms. Written over entrance: "Art Loan Exhibition." Handwritten on mat back: "Art Loan Bldg. on north side Larned bet. Bates & Randolph in 1883."
- Resource ID:
- Art museums--Michigan--Detroit
- Museum buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- Albumen prints
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 6.25 x 8.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Buildings-Art Loan
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.