Remains of cistern in Fort Lernoult
Cistern supports found on construction site. Buildings, utility poles, and wagons visible. Handwritten on mat back: "The upright posts are the posts of a cistern or well in the old fort. They are about the center of the excavation of the David Thompson homestead, s.e. cor. of Fort and Shelby, and were uncovered in excavating for the State Savings Bank. The lumber inside the uprights has nothing to do with the cistern, but were placed there by the workmen. Sept. 16, 1898. Looking east towards the Moffat Blk. Now Shelby St., near Fort St."
- Resource ID:
- Archaeological sites--Michigan--Detroit
- Albumen prints
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 3.75 x 4.75 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.