Detroit Chamber of Commerce building under construction
Workcrew with supervisor in basement of building under construction, with men and boys standing at street level looking in and people watching from windows. Furnace or steam engine on scaffold, frame ladder-like structure rises out of sight. Protective shutters on windows of neighboring building. Handwritten on mat back: "Chamber of commerce, August 4th, 1893, W.H.V. W.H. Valmer has cane in hand. He was superintendent of construction. Corner stone laid by Fred H. Spier. 57 Michigan Ave, photographer [no name given]."
- Resource ID:
- Detroit Chamber of Commerce
- Office buildings--Design and construction
- Albumen prints
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 7.5 x 9.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Buildings-Chamber of Commerce
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.