Eastern Michigan Asylum in Pontiac, Michigan
Exterior view of Eastern Michigan Asylum in Pontiac, Michigan, with a view of the grounds. Written on photo back: "Louis' (Goux) picture of Eastern Michigan Asylum, Pontiac, Mich., where he was a physician, Dec. 1894 to 1899." Eastern Michigan Asylum was built in 1878 in the Kirkbride style designed by Elijah E. Meyers, it became Pontiac State Asylum in 1911 and Clinton Valley Center in 1973, the building was demolished in 2000.
- Resource ID:
- Eastern Michigan Asylum
- Psychiatric hospitals--Michigan--Pontiac
- Hospital buildings--Michigan--Pontiac
- Albumen prints
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print mounted on mat board ; image 7.5 x 9.75 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.