George H. Cannon plaque
View of tablet commemorating George H. Cannon, located at 5103 Guilford Avenue. Inscription reads: "In honored memory of George H. Cannon. The citizens of Detroit Michigan dedicated this community building and playfield, November 10, 1948. George H. Cannon, United States Marine Corps lost his life during the Japanese bombardment of the Midway Islands on December 7, 1941. He was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his extraordinary courage."
- Resource ID:
- Plaques, plaquettes--Michigan--Detroit
- Soldiers' monuments--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 3.5 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Outdoor civic memorials and historical markers, 1951, Detroit City Plan Commission, revision containing new photographs, 718 D484oa
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.