Mariners' Church plaque
View of bronze tablet installed on front of Mariners' Church, located on the west side of Woodward between Jefferson and Woodbridge. Inscription reads: "This historic building erected in 1848 and known as Mariners' Church has been seleted by the Advisory Committee of the Historic American Buildings Survey as possessing exceptional historic and architectural interest and as being worthy of most careful preservation for the benefit of future generations. To this end a record of its present appearance certified by the Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C. has been deposited for permanent reference in the Library of Congress. Presented by the Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic, Naval Circle no. 27 & Detroit Circle no. 1 on the one hundredth anniversary of the consecration of this church, December 23, 1949."
- Resource ID:
- Mariners' Church of Detroit (Detroit, Mich.)
- Plaques, plaquettes--Michigan--Detroit
- Historical markers--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 5 x 3.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Outdoor civic memorials and historical markers, 1951, Detroit City Plan Commission, revision containing new photographs, 718 D484oa
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.