Smokestack at rear of 1740 Howard
View of brick smokestack located at the rear of 1740 Howard, parcel 174, in Corktown. Brick building with fire escape on left. Handwritten on front: "Par. 174, stack rear 1740 Howard, 11-27-56."
- Resource ID:
- Industrial chimneys--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 23
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.