Log cabin at Palmer Park
Side view of two-story log cabin at Palmer Park. Men, women and children pose in front of chimney; garden bed on lawn on left. Printed on front: "Log cabin, Palmer Park, Detroit, Mich., 16356." Printed on back: "Log cabin, Palmer Park. Palmer Park is built on land donated to the city by ex-Senator Thomas W. Palmer in 1893, and is situated north of the city at the extreme terminal of the Woodward Ave. car line; is one of the city's favorite breathing spots. Its centre has a log cabin, which is an exact reproduction of the home in which Senator Palmer resided when Detroit was little more than a trading post."
- Resource ID:
- Log cabins--Michigan--Detroit
- Palmer, Thomas W. (Thomas Witherell), 1830-1913--Homes and haunts--Michigan--Detroit
- Palmer Park (Detroit, Mich.)
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.