Detroit Public Library
Close-up view of the Detroit Public Library located at Gratiot and Farmer. Second Empire style brick building has rounded arch windows and entrance. Printed on front: "Public Library, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "1303, the Detroit Public Library. Situated at Gratiot Avenue and Farmer Street, was built in 1875 and contains 200,000 volumes. It is conducted by a board, appointed by the Board of Education." Handwritten on back: "Howell, April 18, 1912. Dear May, Your card came allright. I sent you the card and quarterly. Let me know if you ever get them as Jesse was away. I had to send them by the children, but I hope that we can get them to you. The trees have been ordered. I think we shall get them soon. Good by, Mother."
- Resource ID:
- Detroit Public Library
- Public libraries--Michigan--Detroit
- Library buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Libraries-Detroit Public Library-Branches-Skillman
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.