Lake on Belle Isle
View of men and women paddling canoes on a lake on Belle Isle. Banks are lined with trees; bridge in background. Printed on front: "Pavilion Lake at Belle Isle, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "A lagoon at Belle Isle. The canals and lagoons of Belle Isle, Detroit's foremost pleasure ground, form an animated picture every pleasant summer day. The city is one of the greatest canoeing towns in the world and the canals, lagoons and small lakes of Belle Isle offer the canoeist a veritable paradise." Handwritten on back: "1/20/10. I am feeling a little better today and the pain is not so bad. It has been dark and gloomy today and raining off and on. Everything is OK. Expect to go to the Detroit Opera House tomorrow night. E.A.S." Card is postmarked January 20, 1910.
- Resource ID:
- Belle Isle Park (Detroit, Mich.)
- Canoes and canoeing--Michigan--Detroit
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Parks-Belle Isle
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.