House at 1406 Howard
Rear view of two-story brick house with flat roof located at 1406 Howard, parcel 38, in Corktown. Large garden in backyard. Handwritten on front: "Par. 38, 1406 Howard, rear, 8-29-56."
- Resource ID:
- Brick houses--Michigan--Detroit
- Urban gardens--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 23
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.