Alley behind 1241 and 1251 Howard
View of alley located behind 1241 and 1251 Howard, parcels 15 and 16, in Corktown. Brick garage in alley; concrete factory smokestack in background. Handwritten on front: "Par. 15 & 16, rear of 1241 & 1251 Howard St., 8-30-56."
- Resource ID:
- Industrial chimneys--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 23
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.