Garage at rear of 1522 Porter
View of concrete block garage located at the rear of 1522 Porter, parcel 272, in Corktown. Man smoking pipe tends garden next to garage; fence borders alley. Handwritten on front: "Par. 272, rear of 1522 Porter St., 10-8-56."
- Resource ID:
- Urban gardens--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 24
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.