George Willens & Company at 1548 Porter
View of one-story building and garage located at 1548 Porter, parcel 277, in Corktown. Automobiles parked in adjacent lot; sign on building: "George Willens and Company, 1548 Porter." Handwritten on front: "Par. 277, 1548 Porter, 10-8-56."
- Resource ID:
- Advertising layout and typography--Michigan--Detroit
- Commercial buildings--Michigan--Detroit
- Parking lots--Michigan--Detroit
- Detroit (Mich.). Corporation Counsel. Bureau of Real Estate
- City planning--Michigan--Detroit
- Eminent domain--Michigan--Detroit
- Photographic prints
- 1 photographic print ; 4 x 5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- MS/Detroit. Corporation Counsel. Real Estate Div., Box 24
- Content Note:
- Part of a collection that contains condemnation files, photographs, blueprints and descriptions of slum clearance housing parcels for the City of Detroit. Of particular note are areas which included the neighborhoods known as Paradise Valley, Black Bottom, Corktown and the Jeffries Housing Project.
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.