Pansy bed at Belle Isle
View of circular garden bed on Belle Isle. Printed on front: "Pansy bed, Belle Isle, Detroit, Mich." Printed on back: "Pansy bed, Belle Isle. Detroit's principal recreation spot is an island in the Detroit river connected with the city by a bridge eight feet less than half a mile in length. It comprises 702 acres, is over two miles long and boasts over 20 miles of fine macadam roadway. A fine zoo, aquarium, horticultural building, swimming and skating pavilion, casino and boat livery are in connection. The city has expended over $1,500,000 on it since its purchase in 1879."
- Resource ID:
- Belle Isle Park (Detroit, Mich.)
- Floral decorations--Michigan--Detroit
- 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Burton Historical Collection
- D/Parks-Belle Isle
- Physical rights are retained by DPL. Copyright is retained in accordance with U.S. copyright laws.